From:
Phil Liff-Grieff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 07:45:52 -0800
Dear Conch-L'ers,

The Pacific Shell Club (Los Angeles, California) is considering putting
on a shell show in late Spring 2004.  We are in initial conversations
with the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County as our possible
host and location.

The opportunity to learn from the collective wisdom of all of the show
planners, show "goers",and dealers on this list is too tempting to pass
up.  So, what advice do you have for a club looking to get into the
shell show business?  I should point out that it has been many, many
years since there has been any kind of shell show in Southern California
(before my time, certainly) and we hope to bring back this institution
with style and aplomb.  Suggestions, advice, general information and
even horror stories are all appreciated.  We want to learn from the
experience of others.

I'm not sure if this topic is of direct interest to the list as a whole
so feel free to respond to me directly at [log in to unmask]

Thank you in advance,

Phil Liff-Grieff, President
Pacific Shell Club, Southern California