Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 13:54:49 -0400
As one of a group of COA committee folks who founded Conch-L and Conch-Net
back in 1996, I recall that we agreed upon a set of guidelines, which
included posting the Conch-L rules online every six months or so,
irrespective of any violations. New members sign on all the time, and the
periodic postings would help remind them, and the Conch-L veterans that
this is a monitored listserv meant for the specific purpose of discussing
conchology and related subjects.  I don't think Linda's posting was meant
for any purpose other than keeping within those guidelines.  Now whether
Mr. Nister needs to be reinstated is a discussion for other people in
another forum!
Rich