Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 12:02:24 -0400
Dear AG;-
   So you're doing DNA sampling. Then you should know what that costs. What does it cost? How long does it take? Who does it? I was told previously that such sampling was too expensive just to find  gastropodal relationships. Please keep us Eponitists informed. Inquiring minds want to know.
   Art

> From: Adriaan Gittenberger <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2003/05/26 Mon AM 07:25:00 EDT
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Epitoniidae & Leptoconchus gastropods associated with corals
>
>    We are studying the evolutionary history of mushroom corals (Fungiidae) and some of their associated symbionts, gastropods belonging to Epitoniidae (wentletraps) & Leptoconchus spp. ( See: http://home.hetnet.nl/%7Eascidians/oio/mainframe.htm).
>   Their DNA will be sequenced, using specimens from various places throughout the Indo-Pacific. We would appreciate help from people who have access to living material and who are willing to send us samples in ethanol 96%. The molluscs can be stored completely, whereas from the corals we only need fragments or soft tissue samples. More information on the animals and the sampling is given in the web site.
>    Although our focus lies within the Indo-Pacific we are interested in wentletraps conserved on  alcohol 96% from anywhere in the world. With the help of DNA-sequencing we hope to be able to shed some more light on the evolutionary history (phylogeny) of this speciose and widespread group of snails.
>    In case you can help, please let us know what you need from us (vials, ethanol, etc.).
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Adriaan
>
> Adriaan Gittenberger
> PhD-student "Gastropod parasites and their coral hosts"
> http://home.hetnet.nl/%7Eascidians/oio/mainframe.htm
> National Museum of Natural History Naturalis
> P.O. Box 9517
> 2300 RA  Leiden
> The Netherlands
> Tel. +31.71.5687631
> Fax +31.71.5687666
> E-mail: [log in to unmask]
> www.ascidians.com

> Registreer nu uw eigen domeinnaam inclusief e-mail en homepage bij Het Net. Zie voor meer informatie: http://www.hetnet.nl/esm

PLEASE NOTE: My new, long-term, and correct email address is: [log in to unmask] Please update your records!