From:
lindawbush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:01:57 -0400
Hello, CONCH-Lers!

I've been working on the Spondylus in the collection the
club bought, using all the books I have available,
particularly, The Compendium, Eisenberg, The Philippine
Book, and Kevin Lamprell's Spondylus book.

I have a question:  I have at least two shells that I
would think are butleri, then when I go to the Lamprell
book, the index says page 22.  Well, butleri is not
mentioned at all on page 22 (or else I'm blind).  What is
the synonymy of butleri?  Is there an equivalent under
another name in Lamprell?

Thanks,
Linda