From:
mike gray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:42:47 -0500
David Kirsh wrote:
> Feller shellers,
>
> I'll be spending some time (probably at least Jan. 23 - 29) in the Fort
> Lauderdale area. Collecting micros in Dania is on my list, so is snorkeling at
> Pompano Beach, maybe some Scuba in the area. Are there some dive outfits that
> aren't uptight about collecting?

Most local dive operations have no problem with collecting. Remember
that Florida law requires a salt water fishing license (any Walmart) for
live collecting, and S. gigas is off limits.

The finest diving is the Boynton ledge, and the best operators there are
  Splashdown (561-736-0712) and Starfish Enterprise (561-212-2954).

Diversity in Deerfield, SeaHorse in Pompano, and Miss Conduct in
Lauderdale are also very good.