From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:28:29 -0700
Eleuthera would be perfect for you. There are plenty of shallow
protected places to snorkel and loads of lovely beaches to comb. Bobbi
Cordy would be your best source for information, but I believe she is
recovering from knee surgery just now. She and Jim lead the absolute
best trips there at bargain ratesl, because they make no profit. You'll
have a blast and you learn all the good spots. And Jim can ID anything!

I have not been to Marguerita Island. The shelling might be better, but
I'll bet the beaches aren't half so pretty. And I don't hear much about
the snorkeling there.

The snorkeling in Eleuthera is wonderful. I saw the most amazing
creature of my life off Millar's Beach in about 4 feet of water; a
red-lipped frogfish. This critter looked, no joke, exactly like a cross
between a frog and Walter Matheau in drag! Its fins were adapted like
feet and it walked, no scuttled along the bottom!

Ooooooh, I wish I was in Eleuthera now!