From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:19:49 -0400
As an example of just how things don't seem to work, no matter who or
how many are involved, just look at the number of people who will go
to sleep hungry tonight. Not in some far-off third world country, but
right here in the U.S. And this despite the fact that (never mind
what our "leaders" say) our government is bigger and more bloated
than ever before, costing us about $40 out of every $100 of taxes we
pay.

Good intentions are just that. They rarely lead to any positive
actions. From experience with our state government here in Florida, I
can tell you that the classic equation of 90% of the work being done
by 10% of the people is quite true. The rest of the people create
more roadblocks and pitfalls than contributing anything useful.
Sadly, the people who are most qualified to make long-term decisions
on things like our environment are the ones least qualified to do so.

Still, if anyone has any ideas on how we can make a difference, I'd
be happy to offer my support.

Best regards,
Jim