From:
Yamaguchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:24:08 +0900
Dear Harry et al.,

I have seen Nerita polita emerging out of sand at dusk, during low tide
at a northern beach in Okinawa, as well as at Heron Island, GBR
with Ken O'Gower of then Univ. of NSW long time ago.

He let me take photographs of the snail trail on sand that was
closed-loop-shaped one. That was 35 years ago and I suspect
that Ken might have published something on the behavior of the snail.

Masashi Yamaguchi
Faculty of Science, Univ. of the Ryukyus
Okinawa, Japan