From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:29:28 -0400
>We talked about this some years ago, and I know I could search the
>archives, but let's re-examine the topic: what happens to your collection
>when you die?

The smart thing to do, which I have already done, is to create a Living
Will. This is a legal document that spells out exactly who will get my shell
collection, my guitars, carnivorous plants, etc. It has a contingency that
presents alternate plans should the first person in the will be gone before
me or if he/she declines the "gifts." In my case, the person who gets my
shells is aware of this "arrangement."

I think in these times, a Living Will is critical. Otherwise your survivors
can liquidate or destroy things that were precious to you. Even worse,
your Uncle Sam may lay claim to them.

It's actually a simple thing and can be done in an hour with a notary.

Best regards,
Jim