Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:35:53 -0300
Many snails live just one or two years. But some volutes like
Adelomelon brasiliana or Zidona dufresnei do live for about 17
years (according to a paper by Penchaszadeh) and the sexual
maturity takes about 7 years.

regards
Fabio W.

--- John Andrews <[log in to unmask]> escreveu:

---------------------------------

As my passion for shells has touched numerous other people, they
haveasked me, "How old is this, or that shell."  I have no
idea.How old do shells grow to?  I have not seen a
"small/babycone".  Yet I do not believe they are born 50 mm
long.  Where are allthe babies?  For example, I never saw a
small Tiger Cowrie.  Where arethey hiding?  Can anybody give us
some insight?

John Andrews
2495  C  Blvd of the Generals
Norristown, PA 19403

- a forum for informal discussions on molluscsTo leave this
list, click on the following web
link:http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1Type
your email address and name in the appropriate box andclick
leave the

http://br.yahoo.com/homepageset.html