From:
Charles F Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:57:44 -0500
Nabih,

I agree, far too few books illustrate immature shells. One that does come
to mind is Perry and Schwengle's, Marine Shells of the western Coast of
Florida. 1955. The raised mollusks from eggs and were able to describe,for
some species,the newly hatched shell and the adult form. I believe that
Beatrice Winner also did this in some of her books.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm, Jr
Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
                      Carnegie Museum of Natural History
                     Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Assistant Professor - Family Medicine