From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:15:32 PDT
Dear Art, Dear Carol,

In:

Catalog der Conchylien-Sammluing von Fr. Paetel, Berlin 1888,
is it again under the Fam. Scalariidae and Genus (Sectio)
Opalia. Here the shell is named pourtalesi Verrill (without date
of first description) and the following note: Tryon. 9. p. 64.
At the place where are localities or distribution is named
Vineyard.

Under celesti you find the following notes:

celesti Arad. is frondosa Sow. and as locality or distrubution
Biscay B.

celesti Monterosato is alderiana Weinkauff

But if you want to look under alderiana you can't find this name.

Hope I was alble to help with old informations.

The family Scalariidae you can find in this work from page
239 -  247.

If anybody is interested to have this check-list of this old, but important
work I can make copies for you.

Please tell for how many persons I should make this.

yours sincerly Helmut