From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 22:11:02 -0600
I'm with Dick.  Some people have collected in the Galapagos
in recent years (in limited areas) by permit, but most of the
Galapagos shells on eBay and available from dealers are not
recently collected.   I bought a nice Cypraea (or Pseudozonaria)
nigropunctata recently off the internet.  It had good color, and
I didn't have any idea how long ago it was collected, but...when
I received it, it still had the original data tag with collection date:
6 December, 1934.