From:
John Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 06:38:16 -0500
Sirs,

If you buy shells as an investment, I have a bridge for you.  They are not like coins or stamps where there is a finite number available.  Just look around and you can find many many examples of once pricey cone shells that are $50.00 each today.  When I buy a shell it is for the scientific value that I see in the specimen and for the esthetic values inherent in the piece of calcium carbonate so well put together by some snail.  These are after all snails (or clams) and once had an actual animal in them.

Yours again,

John K. Tucker