From:
Bob Lipe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2007 15:58:13 -0400
I'll have to agree with Pete Krull.  I have named one shell and I don't have
a degree and I am a dealer.  It was of course a Marginella.  I did let a
couple of experts read it over before I summited it and they found nothing
wrong.  I've never sold a specimen of the shell that I named, but I could if
I wanted to.  I was a collector, expecially a Marginella collector long
before I sold shells.  The trip to West Africa in the 70s was responsible
for me becoming a shell "proprietor".  I hate the word "Dealer".  Car
dealer, drug dealer, etc. are looked upon distastefully.  For some
collectors, Shell dealers are not your favorite people either. Just remember
most of us are shell lovers too.  If we go to a thankless and most of the
time unprofitable job of naming a shell after doing a lot of research we
shouldn't be shot down.  Thank you for listening.

Bob Lipe
Visit us at our website
http://www.theshellstore.com
or visit us at