From:
Chris Takahashi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 14:06:30 -0400
Kumusta JP,
Like i stated before the new ammendment is 8 or more items of a single
species is now regarded as commercial. You'll need a commodity clearance,
CO form, & a Fisheries permit for the Philippine forms & upon entry to the
US a Form Number 3-177 available at http://www.fws.gov/le/ImpExp/faqs.htm.
Years ago no-one believed me these forms were needed until a dealer was
stopped in San Francisco & his entire years supply of shells permanently
confiscated. Until that happen every dealer never took me seriously & some
said i was making this up. Now those same dealers are doing what i told
them to do with no apologies.

EMS is a expensive service & once signed for in the US there is no longer
any liability. US Fish & Wildlife can confiscate or return the parcels.
But they're not obligated to return any parcels the way it was sent. This
is a huge grey area with this department. The fault lies with them because
they intercepted a parcel & didn't have to sign for it thus they are not
legally responsible for it's return or contents. In the future may i
suggest T&T Worldwide Express? They pre-US inspect parcels in Mandaue &
it's door-to- door. They also give 35% off to businesses.

I just got back from Cebu & will be back in a few weeks. Maybe we
can "bump" into each other at Ayala again like when Lorenz was visiting.
                                              Salamat Kaayo Pare!  CHRIS:)