From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 23:40:33 -0700
>Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 23:30:22 -0700
>To:[log in to unmask]
>From:[log in to unmask] (Dan Yoshimoto)
>Subject:Re:      Re: ...Staying on topic!!!!!
RESPONSE TO THE RESPONSE
>>Not to poke you in the ribs but you sending that message back pointing out
>>Art's mistake was just adding to both the pile of "off-topic" messages and
>>showing that not so friendly side of the "L". try not to lose sight of the
>>fact that even though this is a subject oriented list serve nobody here has
>>published a paper or done any work that we could labels as serious with the
>>exception of maybe 10% of the entire list this whole thing about $6.00 per
>>houir is total hogwash. ferreter

RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE RESPONSE
Mark,
        Maybe your time is not so expensive, but I have to believe that
people in other parts of the world may have to spend their money carefully
on things like internet.  Maybe this needs to be discussed between "all of
the list members".  Some of us feel that this list is here for some reason
besides joking and playing around.  Maybe that's a good thread to start
with.  Shells and shelling is the reason that we're here on line with
Conch-L.  As for the not so friendly side of Conch-L, maybe we ought to
look at that square in the face. It is not a friendly thing to waste others
time on the internet.
Dan Yoshimoto