From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 09:35:07 -0400
Hi Kurt,

I am SOOOOOOOO sorry that you are upset.  Just lay back. You have had a bad
time over something.  Please don't unsubscribe. You are so valued a
contributor.  This will go away. I only wrote my note because I was getting
double what you were getting, just in complaints.  AND because once the
sports things starts, it never stops.  And like I said, do the math. It's
football season.  But this is a community of 375 as of this morning and you
are gonna have jerks along with good guys in any small town.  I have a
number of names whose postings I don't read, just delete on sight.
Including Mr. Nisters.

I agree with you 100 % about the complainers. The people who think the list
should conform to their own personal idea of a list are always there. But
they are usually not there long. This list was my baby from the start, and
I always figured that if I didn't tell everyone what it was for, besides
shell lovers and shells, then nobody else should.  But UGA says we have to
stay on topic.  So the damn rule is there, to protect us, to be sure, and
cut down on the traffic they carry, but it makes rule freaks wild to know A
RULE IS BEING BROKEN!  Oh NO!!!!!!!!!  IT MUST BE STOPPED!  It has always
been my feeling that lists are not for everyone, and those who don'tlike it
or can't afford it don'tbelong on there.

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE don't sign off. But if you have to unsubscribe, just to
feel better for a while, and if you PROMISE to come back on, then do it
quietly, and send a message to [log in to unmask] saying <signoff
conch-l>

But you gotta promise.  Or I will make those 94 messages look piddly.

Love ya, and a hug,

Lynn