From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 13:24:24 PST
Dear Patty,

The right name of Natica should be stercusmuscarum (Gmelin, 1791),
as there are more opinions on this name.
In Poppe and Goto: European seashells it is under the name
Naticarius punctatus (Chemnitz in Karsten, 1789). As many Chemnitz
names are invalid it should be also this name, although well introduced.
Another synonym is millepunctata (-us) (Lamarck, 1822).
I have a homepage too: www.netwing.at/nisters/

yours sincerly Helmut