From:
Constintine Mifsud <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 18:51:22 +0100

Amy Edwards wrote:

> >The "use" of sculpture may change during the growth of the anim
Hi Amy and all,
my one cent- lest we forget! the many "frills" of nature have a primary
function. Attraction of the sexes for the continuation  of the species.
When we humans are young, we (men)have nice long hair, broad shoulders,
healthy teeth etc. Women have nice hair, legs etc, etc, etc to show off.
When we get older, in most of us (myself inc.)there are only traces of
these graces through wear and tear.
Most old living molluscs usually have broken or perished spines, algal
or other growths on their shells deep scars etc.
Another question pops up:
Are these "frills" found mostly on Hermaphrodites or on Dioceous
species?

Constantine.