From:
Scott Schubbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 17:58:48 EST
     Was just sitting in my chair reading Dr. Ross Gunderesen's new Sanibel
shell book, (very nice, by the way), thinking what a shame it is that we
cannot collect live shells there anymore.
     A question occured to me: When the law states "Live shelling on Sanibel
prohibited", exactly how far is that from the water's edge? I've heard that
California states so many feet or yards from shore. So what comprises
"Sanibel?" I think all of Lee county, Florida, now prohibits the taking of
live shells, correct me if I'm wrong.
     Is there a certain distance out in the water that a county boundary
extends?
I'm sure there must be.

Scott
Tampa