From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:12:21 -0000
Maybe what we need is a legislative lobby, contact the tobacco lobby , they
can do anything. on the serious side , we do need a voice where it counts ,
any volunteers? . .
As for what i wrote last week , it was intended to get both view points and
suggestions on "what can be done to help" but as usual it turned into a
fingerpointing and mud throwing event . Hey , I'm a BFT and it's easy to hit
me with mud , now that we've settled down , the question still needs to be
addressed , "What can be done to help ourselves and our hobby". When the
World Tuna fleet got flack and boycotts for the killing of Bi-catch animals
like dolphins the Tuna industry began a highly visible campaign of getting
divers in the water to free the trapped turtles and dolphins. the result , a
label that states "dolphin safe" . this boosted sales beyond the pre-boycott
levels. see there is a way for conservation to work but sometimes it does
take an effort. mark