From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 16:40:47 -0500
Good comments Lynn....
We go to the Bahamas 5-6 times a year...Some of our favorite beaches are
there sometimes and gone sometimes...and they do not replenish
them...but the Bahamians  have enough brains not to build right on the
beach.  You'll notice the only people who build right on the beach are
the tourists in these areas.  However, the Bahamians like to put their
cemetaries near the beach....and many have washed away.
These same beaches that come and go in the Bahamas also have different
shells almost every time we go....
We have been going there for years and always find something new and
different!

In order to educate about all this....getting club members to share the
facts when giving talks to local groups and schools I am sure could
help.
We also have a Jr. Shell Club that we are educating...and because of our
Scholarship Program we are in contact with graduate students also.
Our club members have written many, many letters and made lots of
contacts on these problems to no avail!!!

--
Jim and Bobbi Cordy
of Merritt Island, Florida.