From:
Peter Whipple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:09:56 -0600
As was mentioned a couple weeks ago on Conch-L during the beach
replenishment discussion, intertidal life (of which coquinas are a part) is
generally smothered by the "new" sand.  I would expect Miami Beach to be
one of the prize customers for the environmental rapists known as beach
replenishment companies.

As for the oil, isn't Miami a major seaport?  I would not be surprised to
find some noticeable amount of oil to be natural result of that level of
shipping.

Peter