From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:10:03 -0700
> Don,

I haven't a clue as to depth but I was intrigued by the "herd of Conus
quercinus."  Did you really mean a herd?  I know you will find Strombus
thersites traveling in a herd or colony but this is the first I have
heard of a Conus herd.  That would be like a herd of prehistoric
veloceraptors of the shell world!  Does anyone on Conch-L have
information on other species that may travel in groups?

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA (where if you dive down 60 feet in the
closest large body of water you will be in 57 feet of mud and sand --
and some of you would even call the first 3 feet mud)