From:
Ken Zentzis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 22:49:25 -0600
Hi All,

I have a lot of four shells received as Varicospira cancellata, but they
differ from two others in my collection, enough to make me wonder if there are
more species in the genus besides the above and V. crispata (which these four
are not).

The differences are overall more elongated and narrower outline, rib count
(15-18 on body whorl), pronounced sharpness, greater heighth, lesser width,
white color of the ribs, and more pronounced varices.

Any info would be graetly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken Zentzis
Wichita, Kansas