From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 16:34:46 -0500
Horatio, et al.
  I have the CD-ROM and there are some aspects that suffered in the
translation from paper to electronic form.  The text is a bit light but is
readable, though it might be hard for some folks with poor vision.  The
printing on maps is also difficult to read, once or twice I couldn't make
out a place name.  The photographs reproduce extremely well and the
production of the CD-Roms was probably designed to maximize their
reproduction.  Do I regret having purchased them, no.  Could they have ben
better, definitely yes.
  NG has come out with a set of all the maps they have ever published.  I
would like to get this but I have hesitated.  until I am sure that the
reproduction is better than those in the magazine CD-ROM series, I will
wait before I make this investment.

  Now a shell related question for those who may be able to help.  Does
anyone have a Miocene fossil specimen of Chesapecten sayana that they
would be willing to sell or trade.  it is a lower Miocene taxon.If you
have one please contact me off the Conch-L list at [log in to unmask]

Charlie
Charlie Sturm, Jr
Research Associate - Section of Invertebrate Zoology
                     Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Assistant Professor - Family Medicine