From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:35:04 -0500
Tom,
Melanopsis  . . . hmmmm.  What is the geographically closest locality you
have for the genus to Pakistan (formerly West Pakistan, not Bangladesh)?  I
have seen records for southern Iran and Afghanistan.  After 3 field seasons
in Pakistan (whew, I could tell stories), I never got it, despite searches
in many springs, wadis, etc.  Just idle curiosity.  No hurry on an answer.

Schnoogies,

Kurt