From:
shelloak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 22:18:42 -0600
You never quit do you art.  If you have a few extra of the "green" snail,
hold it by the big end, put it about half way into bleach, it will turn
yellow, rinse it off and put it back in acid, not you will have a shell
that is half green and half white, or put the whole thing in bleach, you
got all yellow and them put it half in acid and you will have a half yellow
and half white shell.  John

----------
> From: Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Green snail
> Date: Friday, February 12, 1999 8:37 PM
>
> Robert (Bob) Granda wrote:
> >
> > Hello Art,
> >         Many years ago at a shell show in Jacksonville, Florida,
Tucker Abbott and I
> > were talking about Papustyla pulcherrima.  I have two specimens that
are
> > almost totally yellow.  Tucker told me that they could have been
treated with
> > acid or the coloration was natural, due to dry or drought weather.
Don't know