From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 20:53:46 -0800
Sarah,
        Now, that sounds like our oil spill here in Humboldt Bay last year,
about 300 miles south of you. The cleanup will probably involve lots of
volunteers and the insurance company for the freighter will not have to pay
for that part of the cleanup.  Do the freighters come into Coos Bay often
enough to have your city fathers make up a "Clean-up Law", forcing the
companies to pay for damages of the bay, the oyster losses and the cleanup?
Here in Eureka, the City Council is afraid to make such demands and the
volunteer groups still get asked for help.  Fish & Game isn't much help
either.
Dan

Dan & Hiromi Yoshimoto
1164 Vista Dr.