From:
Betty Jean Piech <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:58:54 -0500
Dear Conchelers -

Simon is a nice young man who came to the US from England several years
ago.  He got a job  (not shell-related) and also became interested in
shells, started doing volunteer work in his free time at the Delaware
Museum of Natural History (where I am also a volunteer) and became an avid
collector.  He took up scuba diving and some of his stories of lessons in a
quarry north of Wilmington were to say the least very interesting.  About a
year ago he returned to England and eventually got a job in Scotland.
Periodically he would send some of us an email regarding his shelling
activities.

He is currently on his second trip to the Philippines.  I am fortunate to
be on his mailing list.  One thing that surprised me was when I first got
an email from him he told how he sent emails from there.  There are little
shops where you can go and for a price they will send an email for you.
The only drawback is you can't send him an answer.

Simon is one of those people that things to happen to, but he always seems
to land on his feet.  I look forward from one email to the next.  I have
had several trips to the Philippines but we always stay in first class
hotels and we don't seem to have the kind of adventures that Simon does.
If some of you don't want to be bothered with things like that, you can
always hit the "DELETE"  key.   For myself, I thoroughly enjoy them.

Betty Jean, The Tall One