From:
Mary Cecile Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 21:19:05 EST
I have a question - my 12 year old daughter is showing a mild curiosity in my
shell collection, which I am eager to encourage by not being too overbearing
about it. There are no shell clubs in my area, but I am toying with the idea
of bringing her to the COA meeting in Louisville.  Now, please understand she
has an ulterior motive for wanting to go - she is nuts about horses and wants
to see Churchill Downs.  But if she has a taste of natural history on the way,
I think it might be a good mother-daughter experience that might have lasting
benefits.  So - the question is -would it be appropriate to bring her, and
will there be any activities that might be particularly interesting to her age
group?  (Besides the field trip to Churchill Downs.)
Thanks,

Mary Graham in NH