From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 23:10:19 -0400
Mariah,

Semipallium marybellae was described by Conch-l's former member (and we
hope he'll be back someday soon!) Bret K. Raines in the June 1996 La
Conchiglia (n. 279) p. 20-30.  At the time Bret described the species,  it
was known from only two locations on Guam, " on the outer reef areas of
Luminao Barrier Reef and the reef off Assan Point...both free swimming and
bysally attached to substrate, living in and under coral rubble at a depth
of 20-30m."  It is compared primarily to Semipallium tigris. If you want to
know more about this species, I recommend that you get a copy of this
article. It is beautifully illustrated and is one of the most thorough and
complete descriptions of a species I have ever seen, and it was done by an
(advanced and dedicated) amateur.

Lynn Scheu
Louisville, KY