From:
John Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 06:53:29 -0400
It sounds like you might have Anomalocardia auberiana.  You didn't mention
the shape of the shell, so I'm not sure.

John L. Jacobs
Seffner, FL

Very small; around 5mm
Color is blue-gray with hints of white.
Very thin violet-brown streaks run vertically up shell.
Glossy, no periostracum, even when it was alive.
deep grooves run horizontally over shell.
Very fine teeth run entire edge of shell, fusing it tightly together,
like a Donax variabilis.
Interior of shell white; near the middle of the interior is a very large
blotch of violet-brown,
on the left, a band of white seperates the large blotch from a much
smaller blotch.
And, last, I found it in a thin layer of sand in grass beds about a mile
from my house, in Gulf Breeze, Florida, enjoying it's leisure time.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Kind Regards James C.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]