From:
"Frank S. Walker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 21:14:12 EDT
Ross,

You just don't know when to leave well enough alone. Comparing H-bombs and
shells. Have you no Shame? One is an item of mass destruction. So can a mind
be that will not see what is to be seen. Your thinking is one demential and
after the off line e-mail we shared I thought you were taking a softer
stance, but your ego just won't let you do it at all. Right, I'm evading a
tax when I carry thousands of dollars worth of shells into the country and
customs choose to levy no duty. Explain that Mr. Know-it-all! If you have had
any experience with customs you know how inflexible they are. Several years
ago, I was returning from a speaking engagement in Germany and had to declare
customs. Now on the trip over the airline lost my luggage and I had to
purchase all new clothes (soup to nuts) for the presentation I was giving.
The cost of the clothing was around $650. When I explained to the customs
official that I had not gone to Germany to purchase new clothes but had to
when the airline lost my luggage, their answer was, "So what." You didn't
have it when you left, you own it now. Customs duty $75. Well, contrary to
what you would have all of us believe, the "Sky is NOT falling!"

Now I know this won't satisfy your ego and I'm sure we'll still hear more
from you. I am almost tempted to share our recent e-mails with the group, but
I won't stoop to that level. How about you feel guilty enough for all of us
and tell us what you have done to correct the situation in your business.
Otherwise you're just blowing smoke and have a false message that even you
don't believe in. Best wishes,

Frank Walker