From:
"William M. Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 19:32:29 -0400
As one who is very familiar with the Hawk Channel, I cannot imagine
that it would be a barrier to Strombus gigas migration.  It just isn't
that different or that much deeper from other areas.  The water quality
may not be as good as at the the Sombrero Lighthouse Tower, but.......

There is a new missive from our conch man Bob Glazer, in regards to
S. gigas, which appears in the current (April 1999) issue of  "Florida
Scuba News."  It is somewhat of rehash of previous articles with a
little new material on optimum release size and water quality thrown
in.  Nothing new of merit worth republishing!

Bill Frank
1865 Debutante Dr.
Jacksonville, Florida 32246
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page