From:
Emilio Jorge Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:25:39 -0400
Patty Jansen wrote:

> Dear Emilio and others,
>
> I am about as far removed from the town of Exmouth as you can get on the
> Australian mainlaind, but I have seen and heard frequent reports of the
> damage. Basically, when you take a direct hit from a category 5 cyclone
> (the worst in a scale from 1 to 5, and they don't dish out 5 ratings very
> often), you can count yourself lucky if you haven't lost anything (your
> house, your pets, your livelyhood, your family members). This is SERIOUS
> stuff. Such an event usually leaves a lasting impression on the community.
> The northwest of Western Australia gets lots of nasty cyclones (this may be
> one of the reasons so few people live there?).

Cut...Hello!

Hi Patty and all,

South Florida suffered the devastation of hurricane Andrew (category 5, I
think), a head on encounter
from the Atlantic side. The shallow reef bottoms on the oceanside and lee side
(behind Elliots Key chain)
suffered superficial damage. Dont know how the shelling fared; Mark, B. Pace
and others from the Miami club would know a lot more about this.

Could anyone volunteer more information on Zoila perlae eludens habitat,
ecology, AND more specific locality, not "Western Australia" ?  The typical
data slips that come with many Zoila are more than a bit suspect and plain
wrong.

--

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power