From:
Guido Poppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:08:29 +0000
Hi,

very interesting. My turn:

the favorite shell for Guido is.....

a Bolinus brandaris, heavy body, short tail. Patina from age.

This shell I first saw in an aquarium, when I was a young boy. It became
the second shell in my collection, after a self-collected Macoma balthica.
(Was about 12 at that time).
But the brandaris was collected by my mother when she was pregnant (me
inside) at Cap d'Adge, southern France. She picked it up along the street.
Now, the brandaris moved with me over all these years. I don't know where
it is exactly now, on the next move, I'll learn again, pick it up again and
remember plenty of things.

Other favorites: 7 Pleurotomaria hirasei, I got as a gift from Saito, my
Japanese colleague, after a fabulous spiritual contact in the Swiss Alps.
They represent the seven Japanese gods. Of course I do never sell these.

The experience in the office here is that people like all shells, some more
than others, but even the smallest Ammonicera finds its way to people, and
today faster than a golden cowry does. Good job from reviews such as COA
and La Conchiglia.

Best, Guido

Visit Conchology, with over 50000 names with author, 3800 indicated type
species, 5000 conchological images, and fun with shells.

http://www.conchology.uunethost.be/