From:
Karen Vanderven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:47:52 -0400
Thanks for the good news about the scallops, Doris, and this is another
story of calico scallops on the beach, as the earlier message
about Marco Island.. In November 1997 I was strolling head bent
down the beach on Longboat Key, Sarasota, when --- everywhere in
the sea weed line were pairs of dead calico scallops.  I commandeered
old bags and whatever to pick them up - there must have been enough
for every collector from sea to sea. While doing this, someone said,
to me "I'm looking for shells. Finding anything ?" I pointed down and
around and said, "Look- dead fine pairs of callico scallops. Enough for
everyone".  The person look puzzled and stalked off -without even
bending down.

Just another shelling story.
And, if anyone would like two fine pairs, just e-mail me your
request - at [log in to unmask]

Karen VV