From:
Karlynn Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 11:34:24 -0400
Hello Conch-L'ers!

Since things are so quiet on the list today, I thought I would take this
opportunity to encourage all of you to send in your registrations for
The 1999 COA Convention in Louisville next month....AND to extend an
invitation to all members of Conch-L to join me and Lynn Scheu as we
host this year's Conch-L gathering!

Lynn and I will be hosting a get-together in our suite on Tuesday night,
beginning at 9pm--after the programs for the evening have been
presented.  This will be an informal opportunity for all of us to gather
in one spot--Lynn assures me that the Riverview Suites are large enough
to hold a dance in!  We will be serving food and beverages (alcohol and
also non-) and hope that everyone will take this opportunity to let us
renew the friendships we have established at the last two COA Conch-L
get-togethers and also meet the Conch-L'ers who have signed on since
last year.

Lynn and I have discussed a variety of things we could do at this
function--maybe have a contest for the Best Shelling Hat worn to the
party--or perhaps the Worst Shelling Hat!  Anyone with any ideas should
send them to one of us.  We love contests!  Maybe we could have a "Stand
Up Comedy Contest" for the funniest collecting story?

In addition, I have printed some "Conch-L" stickers which I will stick
on everyone's name badge after I have printed up the badges themselves.
This will let us instantly recognize the folks we have been chatting
with all year.  To date, I have over 150 registrations for the actual
convention.  But I have no way to tell from the registration forms who
is Conch-L and who is not.  Although I recognize alot of the names, I'm
sure I would miss someone if I tried to figure it out on my own--SO
PLEASE!!!  SEND me an e-mail if you have already registered for COA and
would like your Conch-L sticker affixed to your name badge--or even if
you are planning to register (SOON, I HOPE).  [log in to unmask]

Once again, Lynn and I hope you will join us for our Conch-L party.
More details to follow--exact location (Room Number) will be announced
during the Convention!

See you in Louisville!
Karlynn
--
Karlynn Morgan

Post Office Box 7606 / Naples, FL  34101-7606 / USA
FAX:  (941) 649-8165