From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:05:02 -0400
>Kurt have you ever visited/collected these areas?
>--
>No, I never have, but would like to some day.  I've been as far south as
Key West but not over there.  One very wet summer while my wife was
attending a conference in Naples I drove over to the 40-mile bend area of
Alligator Alley.  I took the rental car back in there, water flowing 6
inches over the road.  Finally turned around when a six-foot alligator
crossed the road right in front of the car.  I encountered some of the
thickest hordes of mosquitos in the world there.  Highlands Hammock State
Park in August is no picnic either.  Sometimes snails make me stupid.
Kurt