Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:05:42 -0400
April Newman wrote:

> E-mail  can be very time consuming to go through.  And many people have very
> buisy lives and don't have time to sit at the computer for two hours a day
> sifting through "junk mail".  Don't forget, after many of us get home from
> our jobs or school we have "snail mail" to sift through and telephone
> messages to respond to.  E-mail is just one more mode of communication that
> we have brought into our daily lives that takes TIME.  And if you add
> children and or a relationship with another person, this is time away from
> them.
> Even with the delete button- it still takes those few seconds to open the
> message and then glance over it to realize it isn't something you want to
> read.
> I appriciate that you enjoy chatting on this listserve because you enjoy the
> people who are on it.  But don't treat this listserve as a pen-pal chat room.
>  That is not what this is all about.
> So PLEASE, keep on the topic!
Hello!

Hi April,

Are you new to this list?? It has been, as it is, since inception.
I for one would rather "chat" about evolution (definitely shell related
and a super marker for the fossil record) than to beat the dead horses,
shell cleaning and byne's disease. Guess to each his/her own.

What shells do you collect, is it a specialized collection? I collect
Liguus, Cypraeovula, Zoila, Polymita and dabble in Conus (South
African).

I also have a nice website you may visit. It is about the Liguus or
Florida Tree Snail. I also have a new Polymita site which will be
announced soon.

I belong to the Astronaut Trail Shell Club. We will have a superb show
this coming January in Melbourne, Florida. You are welcome to attend
(free admission) or better yet you can enter an exhibit in the
scientific or the arts category.

Hope to hear from you soon and we will definitely not keep the list
in stasis, topic wise that is.

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power

        "You can observe a lot by watching."