From:
Barbara Haviland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 12:17:49 -0400
To James Cheshire

This is to introduce the Haviland collection part of which consists of more
than 6,000 Oliva.
I would like to express my idea on Mr. Cheshire's choice of rarest Oliva.
O. albescens - not rare but perhaps scarce. We have this
O. bathyalis - I agree rare. We had this but donated to Philadelphia Museum
of Nat. His.
O. burchorum - scarce, we have many
O. ceramensis - yes, rare, we had but donated to above
O. foxi - scarce but not my idea of rare as I know one famous diver who has
more than 100, but won't let 1 go . We again donated to above museum
O. hilli - Our collection has had enough to spoil it's rarity.
O. increassata - corded form - yes I agree, we have one
O. insecta- it's rare, we had but again donated to museum
O. kurzi- rare, we had but again we donated it to above
O. mercatoria- rare, again we had but donated
O.  incrassata nivea-  rare, we have 2
O. oniska-O. tisiphona oniska not rare in Venezuela again we had
O. rubrolabiata- light color form. rare we have
O. williamsi I don't consider it rare, we have many of them from Mauritius
O. vicdani - rare indeed, we had two but again donated them
O. mercatoria - not rare in habitat we have

                        Ed Haviland