Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 11:33:39 EDT
After watch all the comments about using toilet paper for wrapping shells, I
thought some of  you folks would enjoy my favorite T.P. story.  Many years
ago, when I still personally went to the P.I. to buy shells, I would always
take 4 suitcases with me...I would buy suitcases that would fit inside
another suitcase...so, I would only carry two cases going over.  Inside the
smaller case of one set, I would put my clothes and inside the other set, I
would fill the smaller case with toilet paper rolls.  When I got to Manila, I
had to open up the cases for customs inspection and the customs officer went
crazy when he saw all the toilet paper.  He asked why I felt I had to bring
T.P. to the P.I.   I told him, I had a tender behind and Philippines T.P. was
too hard!  He laughed and let me thru.  A year later, I made a return trip
and wouldn't you know it, I got the same customs inspector and he recognized
me  [I have discovered Filipios have very good memories!]...this time, he
yelled to all those around him, "Hey, this is the guy I was telling you
about...the one that doesn't like our toilet paper...it's too hard for his
tender butt!"   The only good thing about this embarrassing moment, was I
didn't have to open up my cases!
Sincerely,
Edward T. Schelling
Worldwide Specimen Shells