From:
Jose Eduardo de Alencar Moreira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:29:48 -0300
Mark,

You are 99% right. But I still don't believe that human beings are a kind of
typical shark prey, even knowing that I'm not in the top of the live chain
when I'm diving ;-))

Sharks that attack in Recife are bull sharks and can be included in the 10%
that you listed below. Researchs done by Universidade de Pernambuco
discovered that bull shark does not eat the surfers they attack. They leave
the leg or the arm after they noticed that it's not the prey they originally
thought. Unfortunately, sharks are not very well educated and do not return
the leg or the arm to the victim saying "Sorry for the misunderstanding!"
;-))

All the best,

Eduardo