Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:55:46 EDT
Thank you Mark, for that report from Peanut Island. That is the second report
that I have read on the absolute ruin of Peanut Island.

I am appalled and outraged that such a genocide of the vast populations of
shells that lived at the Peanut Island could ever have happened. A complete
and varied habitat has  been literally wiped out by the  thoughtless  powers
that wanted a certainly not necessary "progress" My God, is there nothing we
can do to prevent such disasters? And here we collectors are labeled the bad
guys. Good grief, collectors have been responsibly collecting at Peanut
Island for years and still the area flourished with a multitude of species.
Now some magnificent developers have ruined the place in one season.

This outrage should be broadcast all over the world...these powers that
allowed this to happen should be brought to task. If nothing else this should
certainly be publicized to the max to enlighten the rest of the world what we
as collectors all ready know. This is exactly where the populations of marine
mollusks are going to.

I would have now idea where to go with this, maybe someone out there does. I
just do believe this should not go without someone having to atone for the
complete destruction of a marine environment right before our noses.

Martin Tremor, Jr.
St. Petersburg, FL