From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:20:55 -0400
Regarding the person with taxa named after them, I too would agree with
Linda Petuch.  Ed Petuch will often name several different taxa in the
same work after her.

Regarding the person who named the most number of valid taxa, I believe it
was pilsbry with WH Dall in second place.  If memory serves me correct (a
bad assumption) Pilsbry named some 5000 and Dall a slightly lesser number.
If necessary I can track down the exact numbers.  These numbers were of
all taxa, not just ones still felt to be valid.

Charlie
Charlie Sturm, Jr
Research Associate - Section of Invertebrate Zoology
                     Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Pittsburgh, PA
Assistant Professor - Family Medicine