Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 16:19:30 EDT
If someone wants to truly donate for good use - I suggest contacting a local
school directly - usually the Assistant Principal over curriculum.  Schools
have limited "hands on" curriculum and any shells that are provided to a
school are well received.  If you need something for your own personal tax
purposes, a local school is usually very accommodating to provide a "thank
you" letter acknowledging your donation.  Most media centers can provide
permanent housing and teachers are only happy to have such supplemental
science materials.  I have provided a supplemental program to our sons'
elementary school for three years and the children are overwhelmed with what
they see - are so excited and having the added bonus of proper displays
provides the children with the immediate visual support of "science" on
display, yet they can handle most of the specimens.  Children cannot get
their hands on tiger or dinosaur bones.  Cut through the red tape and bypass
straight to the school.  Depending on the size of the collection, one might
consider middle or high school donations (for large valuable ones).

Harrie
Snellville, GA