From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 01:29:09 -1100
Hi Conch-L'ers,

For everyone who was interested to know if I have
specimens of cypraea taitae for sale or trade, other
than the one that is on Bret Raines' auction, I'm
sorry to say that I don't.  The shell that is listed
actually belongs to my friend Randy Hart, though
I was with him when he collected it.  C. taitae is
a rare shell in Samoa, even though it seems to be
a shallow-water shell, and I've only collected a
single specimen in the 3.5 years I've been here
(plus a few more-or-less decorticated beach
examples).

Cheers,

Don