From:
Kay Lavalier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:12:15 -0400
Andrew Vik
Tampa, FL., USA

Dear All:

Don't jump at that exorbitant price for this book just yet. I was on two
or three waiting lists for it (before I learned of Dick Petit's
wonderful service) when the following serendipitous occurrence happened.

My parents frequent garage sales, estate sales and antique shops. Dad
always heads for the book section first. I dropped in to visit them
after work one day, and Pop asked if I had "a large book with a blue
cover by R.Tucker Abbott." I excitedly replied "No!"
He said "I saw one in a  St.Petersberg Antique shop for $12.50." Near
delirium, I said, "American Seashells?" He was not sure of the title,
but I was certain enough to drag him immediately to the next county to
see for sure. And my dream came true, a perfect copy in mint condition
for only $12.50. I still have the receipt inside of the original
flawless dust jacket. Mom & Pop have found many other great out of print
books for me since then.
If you have any friends and relatives with similar interests, tell them
to keep you in mind on their travels.

Andrew